The Television or T.V. has been a part our households since its initial invention in 1927. It was the main source of entertainment, news, and information for millions of people in the last century.
The first television was designed by a 21-year-old inventor named Philo Taylor Farnsworth and since then, television sets can be found all over the world and 80 percent of American households have televisions.
It evolved from the basic black and white, big and bulky color TV and now we have the widescreen LED TV. Not only that television evolved in terms of size and colored screens, but it also evolved into integrating the use of the internet that we have what we called “Smart TV”.
What’s The Importance Of Having A Long Lasting TV?
Durability is the most important thing to consider in selecting the brand of television. We are looking for the best quality in selecting our brand appliances that we would be able to use them much longer. It is applicable most especially in televisions because we normally use them more often than any other appliances in our households.
Right now, people are searching which TV brand lasts the longest? We care about its longevity so that we would be able to benefit from what we will be spending of our hard-earned money and to maximize its usage.
We would be spending a hundred or even a thousand bucks to purchase a good quality television and the importance of having a long-lasting TV is that we’re expecting it to last for the longest period of time.
Which TV Brand Lasts The Longest?
Durability and longevity are the main factors to consider in selecting the best quality television. Let’s jump into the brands of television that last the longest!
There’s no question when we hear the name Sony in terms of electronics, entertainment, and video game consoles. That’s because they are the best in everything that they do in terms of the latest technology. They started out making their first product, the TR-55 transistor radio which appeared around 1955, and then from there they were quite known to produce the best products in electronics.
Sony is the brand from Japan and it produces the best quality of television that will guarantee to last for many years. Samsung has QLED while Sony has OLED technology or the Organic Light-Emitting Diode.
According to experts, Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) technology produces a sharper image than the QLED, and the colors looked more natural than being vibrant. OLED means Organic Light-Emitting Diode and it emits the best and the clearest picture quality!
Sony uses Android and Google software as an operating system for a Smart TV. Talking about premium quality for its price!
Samsung is a brand from South Korea and it’s one of the top-rated brands of television because of its vibrant colors. It makes use of its “Quantum Dot Light Emitting Diode” or QLED technology that transmits its bright, vibrant colors plus better quality contrast.
The QLED technology of its LCD panel enhances Samsung TV’s performance by giving it more vivid, high-impact, better quality images. It has “quantum dots” that emits nano-particles into the screen making the images clearer.
The Quantum Dot Light Emitting Diode renders excellent upscaling capabilities into Samsung TVs’ large screen displays that enable 4k-8k resolutions. Samsung’s QLED technology makes lower resolution images look more like 4k.
Samsung TVs specializes in its picture and sound that will make your living room an awesome cinema!
Lucky-Goldstar or LG is the brand that also came from South Korea. It is also one of the top-rated brand of TV because of its superb picture clarity and quality. It uses the Organic Light-Emitting Diode or OLED same as SONY but eh only difference is that, LG TVs never experiences a lag because they have a faster response rate than other brands of TV.
Gamers usually love LG TV because of its faster response to commands and its plug and play features. It’s compatible to most gaming consoles resolution and details because of its pixel’s instantaneous response rate that minimizes blurring and can respond immediately to fast moving objects and pictures on screen.
LG TV is also known for its high-quality designs plus great picture quality. Its intuitive navigation makes it very easy to use. LG is also known to be budget friendly that’s why most people on a tight budget will most likely get this brand of TV. It’s cheaper than most brands but it never misses out on quality.
Another one of the budget-friendly, quality performance TV from Irvine, California is the Vizio. It was just founded in 2002 by William Wang, a Taiwanese plane crash survivor whom in all odds became a TV brand manufacturer. Vizio has now becoming well-known as one of the best quality TV on a budget.
It also uses the Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) technology so it guarantees quality on a cheaper price. One of the specialty of this TV brand is that, it also has a built in Chromecast and AirPlay that you lets you cast to other apps from your tablet or mobile phone plus, it is user-friendly.
Vizio is an incoming brand but it promises quality and it never fails to get on with the latest trend in terms of technology for television. It is currently expanding its capabilities to match up with the latest and the most premium specs of a Smart TV and right know, people are loving this American-Taiwanese brand as it can be purchased on a minimal budget.
5 Tips To Extend The Life Of Your TV
We we’ve found out “Which TV Brand Lasts The Longest” and we’ve known about the specs of those top high-quality brands of TV. But how do we guarantee its longevity from our usage? Here are 5 tips to extend the life of your TV.
- Don’t leave your TV on standby mode when you are not watching, always unplug your TV when it’s not in use, this will keep your TV parts cooler inside. Save your TV and save on electric bills!
- It is best to mount your TV on the wall for safety and longevity. When your TV is too close to the floor, it gathers dust and other particles that will be stuck inside and it will make your TV warmer than the usual.
- Keep your TV in a well ventilated area but don’t place it near a window where the sun’s heat is directly over your TV as it can drastically shorten its lifespan.
- Minimize the backlight of your TV or set it on “Energy Saving Mode”. It saves the LEDs inside your TV. The picture might to be as clear as the “Dynamic Mode” or “Vivid Mode” but it will extend the life of your TV.
- Same as we need to avoid the sun’s heat, avoid mounting your TV near the stove and any other cooking areas where you can obviously feel the heat. Like what is mentioned earlier, keep your television cool and in a safe place. The television was meant to give entertainment value and not cause any safety hazards.
The manufacturers ensures that their brand yields the highest quality and performance. They’ve included a warranty for their units because they knew that their brands will serve its purpose better, provided that we take care of it too.
- How long does LCD TV’s Last – it has a lifespan of 100,000 hours on the average, longer than the plasma TV under a good and well controlled conditions.
- How long does LED TV’s Last – according to the manufacturers, the lifespan of an LED TV varies between 40,000 to 100,000 hours or 4-10 years depending on usage and proper care. Also, it varies according to its brand, environment and the set-up location.
- How long does QLED TV’s Last – With a heavy use, QLED TVs can last up to 7-10 years and its a lot of mileage but never that far with the basic LCD and LED TV.
- How long does OLED TV’s Last – OLED TVs manufacturers claimed that it can last for about 100,000 hours or 10 years. It’s alost the same as the QLED TV in terms on longevity.
Manufacturers are ensuring us that they are making the best quality product that will make most out of our hard-earned money. Looking at the FAQs made us realize that regardless of what type of TVs we are using, its longevity will always depend on its proper care and usage.
Television is the ultimate tool for our entertainment but, always put your safety first before trying to operate the television. Always make it a habit to read the “Instructions Manual” before using your TV unit that way, it will ensure its proper care, usage and you’ll be able to maximize its features.
Lastly, make it a habit to unplug your TV if its not on use, Not only that it can extend the life of your TV but also it can save electricity!