Last Updated on May 19, 2022 by Markeyus Franks
A PS5 controller isn’t charging because of internal hardware issues, bad malfunctioning batteries, and console issues. Today we will address the common PS5 controller problems and how to get them fixed quickly
If you are an avid video gamer, one impeccable device you should own is a PlayStation 5 (PS5). The PS5 is a one-of-a-kind video game console that comes with amazing features and will guarantee an unparalleled gaming experience. It features a solid-state drive that is customized for high-speed data streaming and better storage performance.
Other incredible features include The Tempest Engine great for 3D audio effects and hardware-accelerated ray tracing for better reflection and lighting. The DualSense controller is a major attraction you cannot ignore as it’s designed to meet gamers’ and designers’ preferences.
Intrinsically, there is a lot to know about the PS5, more so how to effectively use the DualSense controller. You also need to figure out what to do if are wondering, why my PS5 controller isn’t charging. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
HOW DO YOU CHARGE THE PS5 CONTROLLER?
PS5 console is taking the world with a bang. But if it’s your first to invest in such a device, you might be wondering how you should charge the PS5 controller. The celebrated DualSense controller has significant features that make it a truly distinctive next-gen model.
You should hold robust information on how to use this controller at your fingertips, especially how to charge this device. There are two incredible ways to charge the PS5 controller. Have a look:
HOW TO CHARGE A PS5 CONTROLLER WITH A USB CABLE
As per the manufacturer’s description about the PS5 controller, you can charge it via the USB Type-C port. There is a USB cable that comes with this wireless controller you can connect one end to the controller and the other end to the console. You can also connect it to another power source.
If you don’t have the USB-C, you can also use any other USB-C cable at your disposal. It’s the cheapest option if you don’t want to spend money on a PS5 controller docking station.
How to Charge a PS5 controller with a DualSense Charging Station?
You can purchase the DualSense Charging Station that is sold separately to charge up to two controllers at the same time. While using the PS5 charging station, you will safely keep your controllers of the floor.
How Long Does It Take for a PS5 Controller to Charge?
With the right charging tools, it should not be that hard to charge your PS5 controller. The controller battery charges when you connect it to your PS5 system using a USB cable or with a charging station.
It will take around two hours to charge your PlayStation 5 controller when the battery is completely flat and there is no remaining charge. Your system should also be in rest mode or turned on. The light bar will slowly blink orange when in rest mode and charging and turn off when the charging is complete.
The battery life will vary depending on how you use your controller as well as where you use and store the system. For better performance and efficiency of your controller, completely charge it at least once a year. Your controller will be able to last between four to eight hours on a single
How do I know if my PS5 controller is charging?
If you want to know if your PS5 controller is charging properly, then all you have to do is hit the PS button on the back of the controller. When the controller is suppose to be charging, the battery icon button will illuminate. When the battery is fully charged then the indicator light will not show anymore.
Why My PS5 Controller Isn’t Charging and How to Fix It
There are several questions you may be asking yourself if it’s your first time using PlayStation 5. Why my PS5 controller is not charging? How do I fix this problem? Fret no more, if you are facing such an issue and it’s also easy to fix this charging problem.
The inconsistent and frustrating charging nature of the PS5 controller when it enters the rest mode is a common issue among many players. The charging issue may result from:
• The cable not working due to internal wiring issues.
• The PS5 console is faulty and cannot connect perfectly to the USB cable.
• The PS5 controller batteries have gone bad and can no longer charge or maintain a small charge.
• A firmware update that has been corrupted and can’t perform its roles.
• The controller itself is experiencing internal faults or some of its components are wearing out.
If your PlayStation 5 controller won’t charge at all, here are troubleshooting tips to follow and get it running efficiently. They include:
- Check the charging USB cable and make sure it’s working with other devices.
- Plug your cable into different USB ports and if it doesn’t work via the usual port, try a different port in the console. For instance, if your controller is in rest mode and you are using the USB-Type-A port, try using the back ports or PC to test it.
- Check the cable ends and port contacts on the controller and console connections. Check for anything that might be obstructing the connections. Clean the cable ends or contacts and connect them properly.
- If your cables are not working, invest in a DualSense charging station as it’s the most reliable option.
- Update your controller firmware by booting up the console.
- If your PlayStation 5 controller is still under warranty, feel free to contact PlayStation customer support. These are licensed and reputed professionals who can help get this charging issue fixed. The playstation support number is 1-800-345-7669 and to go directly to their support website click here
- If all else fails then you might want to pick up a new controller altogether. Here is a PS5 controller on Amazon.
Don’t have any qualms about embracing the above tips to fix the PS5 controller not charging issue. You will solve this problem and enjoy stunning games stress-free.